Level 5 Diploma in Health & Social Care
This qualification develops the knowledge and skills needed to manage a care team within a health and social care environment. It covers a wide range of areas, including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures. Completion is the equivalent of studying for an undergraduate degree.
As the course is completed via distance learning, once payment has been made, you can start this course as and when you prefer.
The diploma is available for just £899 when booked in full. Discounts are available when booked in bulk for multiple members of staff.
Credits and Completion
The Diploma will require 90 credits in order to pass the course. Of these, 64 are compulsory credits, are compulsory credits, the remainder is to be chosen by the delegate to help them tailor the course to their chosen care setting. The mandatory units are listed below:
- 501: Use and Develop Systems that Promote Communication.
- 502: Promote Professional Development.
- 503: Champion Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- 504: Develop Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies, Procedures and Practices in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings.
- 505: Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People Settings.
- 506: Understand Child and Young Person’s Development.
- 507: Lead Practice That Supports Positive Outcomes for Child and Young Person Development.
- 508: Develop and Implement Policies and Procedures to Support the Safeguarding of Children and Young People.
- 509: Lead and Manage Group Living for Children.
- 510: Lead and Manage a Team within a Health and Social Care or Children and Young People Setting.
- 511: Develop Professional Supervision Practice in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People Settings.
- 512: Lead Practice in Promoting the Well-Being and Resilience of Children and Young People.
Who is it aimed at?
All those aiming to work within a management capacity in the health and social care industry in England.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be at least 16 years of age and working in a relevant role in a health and social care setting with adults.
How is it assessed?
The qualification is assessed by a range of methods. This will include direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments, questioning and witness testimony from colleagues or managers. Learners will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
How long will it take to complete?
Learners typically complete this Diploma within 18 months.
What related qualifications can learners progress to?
Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care.