Mental Health Awareness Training
This course is aimed at all staff working within a care environment and aims to build the capacity of health care workers in the field of mental health so that they are able to effectively respond to the mental health needs of their service users. Candidates will gain an understanding of how to recognise the symptoms of mental disorders and how to understand that people experiencing possible mental disorders require appropriate services.
- Defining Mental Health
- Recognising symptoms of a Mental Health Disorder
- Responding appropriately
- Referring a person with a Mental Health Disorder
- Support and caring for a person with a Mental Health Disorder
- Discrimination and stigma
- Medication and side effects
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.