Medication Awareness Training
The Medication Awareness course is designed for staff working within a care environment. This course is in line with the National Minimum Standards Requirements and recent CQC guidelines. Candidates will gain an understanding of the legislation involved with the administration of medication, along with being able to follow procedures set for safe administration of medication. Candidates will also gain an understanding of the importance of confidentiality and security in all procedures of drug administration. Candidates will also obtain underpinning knowledge of the above issues and therefore will be able to put this into practice where necessary.
- Introduction to medication
- Storage and dispensing
- Documentation, confidentiality and record-keeping
- Administration of medication
- Reducing and eliminating medication errors
- Accountability and responsibility
- Legislation and requirements
- Regulating bodies
The course is delivered in 3 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn through interaction and group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.