Nutrition Awareness Training
The Nutrition Awareness course is designed to provide candidates with an introduction to Nutrition awareness and how best to enable service users to choose and consume food and drink by mouth. The actual support required by the service user will be dependent on their individual needs. Candidates will look at the effect of food on the body and general health, how to make changes to supplement illness and how to identify the key minerals and nutrients required by the body. Candidates will gain an understanding of malnutrition and the implications of malnutrition on the individual.
- What does nutrition mean?
- Fruit and Vegetables
- Nutrition and the Elderly
- What are the implications of Malnutrition?
- Factors leading to Malnutrition
- Screening Tools
The course is delivered in 2 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn through interaction and group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.