Dementia Care Instructor
This 1-day course is aimed at those looking to provide training to carers working with dementia. The train the trainer course is designed to ensure that the prospective instructor is imparting the best practice in line with the latest legislation and legal guidelines. By the end of the course, the delegate will be equipped with both a robust and authoritative knowledge of the issues relating to dementia, as well as the skills needed to effectively educate other staff about the topic. The benefits of this course are a dedicated dementia care specialist able to instruct others within the organisation, thereby saving on further training costs.
- What is meant by the term “Dementia”?
- Different types of dementia
- Strategies that may assist the individual and their carer in the management of the disease
- Supporting the individual
- Managing behavioural changes
- Empowering the individual
Train the Trainer Elements
- Teaching methods
- Learning styles
- How people retain information
- Ice breakers
- Presentation skills
- Dos and don’ts
Qualification and Assessment
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.