Health & Safety Instructor
This course is designed for those who are new to delivering health and safety training and ensures that delegates gain a broad and comprehensive understanding of best practice in health and safety training techniques. The training is aimed at employees who have been tasked with training other colleagues in health and safety. The programme offers a general overview of health and safety requirements that should be imparted into the workforce and ensures that the organisation has a dedicated in-house trainer.
- Laws and legislation
- Why are risk assessments important?
- How to undertake risk assessments
- Common hazards and controls
- Essential understanding including COSHH and manual handling
- Work equipment
- Creating a safe working environment
- Ensuring staff safety
Train the Trainer Elements
- Teaching methods
- Learning styles
- How people retain information
- Ice breakers
- Presentation skills
- Dos and don’ts
Qualification and Assessment
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.