Physical Intervention Training
Physical intervention skills may be needed in some care environments to manage challenging behaviour safely. Depending on the risks faced in the role this can involve anything from avoidance and disengagement skills for those in community environments through to rescue, escorting and holding skills, which may be particularly relevant in mental health and learning disability, care and residential settings. We can offer you a bespoke designed programme at your venue aimed towards your individual organisation needs.
- What is Physical Intervention
- Challenging Behaviour and Physical Intervention
- Anger, Aggression, and Physical Intervention
- Dementia and physical intervention
- The law and Physical Intervention
- The Assault Cycle
- Breakway techniques
- Basic holding techniques
- Risks relating to the techniques
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.