This train the trainer course is essential to ensure your staff are correctly following the guidelines and legal requirements in the care of vulnerable adults. The course instils both a robust working knowledge of the topic, as well as the common teaching methods and public speaking skills required of an instructor. The course will help your organisation meet recommendations from the CQC and save on future staff training costs. If you have any questions regarding the course, please call an advisor today!
- Definition of Safeguarding
- Understanding what makes an adult vulnerable and open to abuse
- Different types of abuse
- Recognising the signs of abuse
- Symptoms relating to abuse
- Dealing effectively with abuse
- Reporting and record-keeping
Train the Trainer Elements
- Teaching methods
- Learning styles
- How people retain information
- Ice breakers
- Presentation skills
- Dos and don’ts
Qualification and Assessment
The course is delivered in 1 day and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with and interact during group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.