Medication Awareness Instructor
This is a 1-day train the trainer course for those teaching others how to properly administer medication in care environments. The training will ensure that the prospective instructor follows the latest CQC guidelines and legal requirements, ensuring that your organisation can continue to meet CQC recommendations when providing training to staff. By the end of the course, the delegate will be equipped with both an authoritative knowledge of medication, and the skills needed to deliver an engaging training programme.
- Introduction to medication
- Storage and dispensing
- Documentation, confidentiality and record-keeping
- Administration of medication
- Reducing and eliminating medication errors
- Accountability and responsibility
- Legislative requirements
- Regulatory bodies
Train the Trainer Elements
- Teaching methods
- Learning styles
- How people retain information
- Ice breakers
- Presentation skills
- Dos and don’ts
Qualification and Assessment
The course is delivered in 1 day and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with and interact during group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.