Epilepsy Awareness Training
This course is aimed at care workers who are involved with clients who suffer from epilepsy. Candidates will gain knowledge on the main effects of epilepsy and the importance of supporting services users to take medication as directed by their doctor. This course will also explore the different types of seizures and behaviour changes an individual may suffer from as a result of epilepsy.
- What Epilepsy is and how it is caused
- How to recognise at least three types of seizure and how they present
- Know how to safely care for someone having a seizure
- What documentation is required following a seizure
This course is presented by means of tutorials, practical exercises and group discussions. Instructors will continually asses delegates during the course.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.