Autism Awareness Training
This care training course is aimed at care workers who are involved with clients who have Autism. Candidates will gain a better understanding of what Autism is and the effect it has on an individual. The course can follow two different pathways: Child development and Autism Awareness or Adult Mental Health and Autism.
- Introduction to autism in children
- Child development
- Characteristics of autism
- Social interaction
- Social communication
- Sensory Difficulties
- Introduction to autism in adults
- Mental Health
- Depression and anxiety
- Managing anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
This course is presented by means of tutorials, practical exercises and group discussions. Instructors will continually asses delegates during the course.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.