Diabetes Awareness Training
The diabetes awareness course is aimed at all staff working in a care environment. This course can either be aimed towards those who work with adults with diabetes, or those who work with children and young people with diabetes. A general understanding of the issues associated with diabetes will be established.
- Explain the Types of Diabetes
- Identify the co-morbidities associated with diabetes
- Explain the principles of a healthy balanced diet
- Identify signs and symptoms of hypo and hyperglycaemia
- Explain how to manage hypo and hyperglycaemia
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.