Diabetes Awareness Training
The diabetes awareness course is aimed at all staff working in a care environment. This course can either be aimed towards those who work with adults with diabetes, or those who work with children and young people with diabetes. A general understanding of the issues associated with diabetes will be established.
- Explain the Types of Diabetes
- Identify the co-morbidities associated with diabetes
- Explain the principles of a healthy balanced diet
- Identify signs and symptoms of hypo and hyperglycaemia
- Explain how to manage hypo and hyperglycaemia
This course is presented by means of tutorials, practical exercises and group discussions. Instructors will continually asses delegates during the course.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.