Catheter Care Theory Training
This course is aimed at all staff working in the care environment where catheterisation is required. A general understanding of the issues associated with Catheterisation will be established and candidates will gain under-pinning knowledge of the below topics catheter care awareness and therefore will be able to put this into practice where necessary.
- What is Catheterisation
- The Purpose of Urinary Catheterisation
- Causes and Types of Incontinence
- Risks involved with Catheterisation
- Types of Catheters
- Insertion of Catheters
This course is presented by means of tutorials, practical exercises and group discussions. Instructors will continually asses delegates during the course.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.