Child Protection Awareness Training
This course is designed to raise awareness of child protection issues. The course will allow workers in residential or community settings to explore and develop an understanding of safeguarding children. Delegates will also be taught the knowledge and skills required to deal with child protection situations.
- Types of abuse
- Self-neglect and neglect by others
- Symptoms associated with abuse
- What to do if a child discloses that they are being/have been abused
- Recording and reporting
- Definition of a client
- Various types of abuse
- How to recognise abuse in children
- Duty of care
- Groups and agencies involved in the protection of children
- Case studies
The course is delivered in 2 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn through interaction and group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.