Moving & Handling of People Instructor
This 2-day course is aimed at those who carry out moving and handling of people training within the workplace. This moving and handling train the trainer course is designed to ensure the learner is working to current guidelines and has a sound knowledge that will enable them to explain and demonstrate succinctly and efficiently. The learner will be able to explain the theory behind moving and handling principles, demonstrate safe practice using a range of techniques and have the skills to problem-solve and convey safe practice to others. The benefits of this course are a dedicated moving and handling trainer and the subsequent reduction in further training costs.
- 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act
- 1992 Manual Handling regulations
- Employer responsibilities within the law
- Common causes of back pain
- How to care for the back
- Risk assessing Moving and Handling activities
- Management responsibilities
Train the Trainer Elements
- Teaching methods
- Learning styles
- How people retain information
- Ice breakers
- Presentation skills
- Dos and don’ts
Qualification and Assessment
The course is delivered in 2 days and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with and interact during group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.