Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care
This qualification develops the knowledge and skills needed when working with adults in health and social care environments. It covers a wide range of areas, including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures.
As the course is completed via distance learning, once payment has been made, you can start this course as and when you prefer.
The diploma is available for just £699 when booked in full. Discounts are available when booked in bulk for multiple members of staff.
Credits and Completion
The Diploma will require 58 credits in order to pass the course. Of these, 28 are compulsory credits, are compulsory credits, the remainder is to be chosen by the delegate to help them tailor the course to their chosen care setting. The mandatory units are listed below:
- SHC3 1: Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People Settings.
- SHC3 2: Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People Settings.
- SHC3 3: Promote Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People Settings.
- SHC3 4: Principles for Implementing Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People Settings.
- HSC 024: Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
- HSC 025: The Role of the Health and Social Care Worker
- HSC 036: Promote Person Centred Approaches in Health and Social Care
- HSC 037: Promote and Implement Health and Safety in Health and Social Care.
- HSC 038: Promote Good Practice in Handling Information in Health and Social Care Settings.
Who is it aimed at?
All those who are working in a senior role with adults/children in health and social care environments in England.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be at least 16 years of age and working in a supervisory role in a health and social care setting with adults.
How is it assessed?
The qualification is assessed by a range of methods. This will include direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments, questioning and witness testimony from colleagues or managers. Learners will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
How long will it take to complete?
Learners can usually complete their Diploma in a year or less.
What related qualifications can learners progress to?
Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care.