Dementia Awareness Training
This course is aimed at all staff working in the care environment who work with people with dementia. A general understanding of the issues associated with dementia will be established. Candidates will gain under-pinning knowledge of the below issues and therefore will be able to put this into practice where necessary.
- What is meant by the term "Dementia"
- Different Types of Dementia
- Strategies that may assist the individual and their carer in the management of the disease
- Supporting the Individual
- Managing behavioural changes
- Empowering the Individual
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.