Dementia Awareness Training
This course is aimed at all staff working in the care environment who work with people with dementia. A general understanding of the issues associated with dementia will be established. Candidates will gain under-pinning knowledge of the below issues and therefore will be able to put this into practice where necessary.
- What is meant by the term "Dementia"
- Different Types of Dementia
- Strategies that may assist the individual and their carer in the management of the disease
- Supporting the Individual
- Managing behavioural changes
- Empowering the Individual
The course is delivered in 3 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn through interaction and group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.