Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SoVA) Training
This course is designed for care staff and will raise awareness of the importance of safeguarding vulnerable people. Staff completing this course will be in a better position to implement their company adult protection policy and the procedures they should follow.
- Definition of Safeguarding
- Understanding what makes an adult vulnerable and open to abuse
- Different types of abuse
- Recognising the signs of abuse
- Symptoms relating to abuse
- Dealing effectively with abuse
- Reporting and record-keeping
The course is delivered in 3 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn through interaction and group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.