MCA & DoLS Instructor
Working knowledge of both the MCA & DOLS legislation is of paramount importance to upholding the good standards of care expected from those in the care industry. This course not only covers these topics in-depth but also equips delegates with a range of instructor skills so your organisation will benefit from having a dedicated in-house MCA & DOLS trainer.
- Current legislation
- Policy and procedures
- The assessment procedure
- What is meant by "best interests?"
- What protection is available for decision-makers
- Understand the limits of restraint issues
- Understand the roles of various people involved
- List the functions of the Mental Capacity Act
- Describe the groups that will be affected by the legislation
- Explain what is meant by the functional test
- Explain the role of Lasting Power of Attorneys
- Describe the function of the Court of Protection
- Explain the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Train others in the Mental Capacity Act and DOLS requirements within their healthcare working environment
Train the Trainer Elements
- Teaching methods
- Learning styles
- How people retain information
- Ice breakers
- Presentation skills
- Dos and don’ts
Qualification and Assessment
The course is delivered in 1 day and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with and interact during group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.