What does the qualification cover?
This qualification develops the knowledge and skills needed to manage a care team within a health and social care environment. It covers a wide range of areas, including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures. Completion is the equivalent of studying for an undergraduate degree.
Who is it aimed at?
All those aiming to work within a management capacity in the health and social care industry in England. We also provide the SVQ Level 4 for all those in Scotland.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be at least 19 years of age and working in a relevant role in a health and social care setting with adults.
How many credits are required to complete the qualification?
The Diploma will require 90 credits in order to pass the course. Of these, 64 are compulsory credits, the remainder are to be chosen by the delegate to help them tailor the course to their chosen care setting. The mandatory units are listed below:
• 501: Use and Develop Systems that Promote Communication.
• 502: Promote Professional Development.
• 503: Champion Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
• 504: Develop Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies, Procedures and Practices in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings.
• 505: Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People Settings.
• 506: Understand Child and Young Person’s Development.
• 507: Lead Practice That Supports Positive Outcomes for Child and Young Person Development.
• 508: Develop and Implement Policies and Procedures to Support the Safeguarding of Children and Young People.
• 509: Lead and Manage Group Living for Children.
• 510: Lead and Manage a Team within a Health and Social Care or Children and Young People Setting.
• 511: Develop Professional Supervision Practice in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People Settings.
• 512: Lead Practice in Promoting the Well-Being and Resilience of Children and Young People.
How is it assessed?
The QCF is continually assessed by a range of methods. This will include direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments, questioning and witness testimony from colleagues or managers. Learners will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
How long will it take to complete?
Learners typically complete the Diploma within 18 months.
What related qualifications can learners progress to?
The diploma is available for just £899 when booked in full.
Payment plans are also available from just a £90 deposit, with 12 monthly payments thereafter. Please call for more information.
As the course is completed via distance learning, once payment has been made, you can start this course as and when you prefer.
Care Home Specialists:
We are the Care industry’s premier in-house training company and provide training for over 200 care topics. To view our full range of courses, please visit this page, or call to discuss your specific training requirements.