What does the qualification cover?
This qualification develops the knowledge and skills needed when working in a senior role with adults in health and social care environments. It covers a wide range of areas, including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures.
Who is it aimed at?
All those aiming to work within a senior capacity in the health and social care industry in England. We also provide the SVQ Level 3 for all those in Scotland.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be at least 16 years of age and working in a relevant role in a health and social care setting with adults.
How many credits are required to complete the qualification?
The Diploma will require 70 credits in order to pass the course. Of these, 36 are compulsory credits, the remainder are to be chosen by the delegate to help them tailor the course to their chosen care setting. The mandatory units are listed below:
• 143: Work in Partnership in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People Settings.
• 410: Advanced Communication Skills.
• 411: Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People Settings.
• 412: Equality and Diversity in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People Settings.
• 413: Facilitate Person Centred Assessment to Support Wellbeing of Individuals.
• 414: Facilitate Support Planning to Ensure Positive Outcomes for Individuals and to Support Well Being.
• 415: Understand Personalisation in Care and Support Services.
• 416: Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Settings.
• 417: Professional Practice in Health and Social Care for Adults or Children and Young People.
• 418: Safeguard Children and Young People Who Are Present in the Adult Social Care Sector.
• 637: Develop, Maintain and Use Records and Reports.
• 681: Understand Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care Settings.
How is it assessed?
The QCF will be continually assessed by a range of methods. This will include direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments, questioning and witness testimony from colleagues or managers. Learners will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
How long will it take to complete?
Learners can usually complete the Diploma in a year or less.
What related qualifications can learners progress to?
The diploma is available for just £799 when booked in full.
Payment plans are also available from just a £80 deposit, with 12 monthly payments thereafter. Please call for more information.
As the course is completed via distance learning, once payment has been made, you can start this course as and when you prefer.
Care Home Specialists:
We are the Care industry’s premier in-house training company and provide training for over 200 care topics. To view our full range of courses, please visit this page, or call to discuss your specific training requirements.