1 Day First Aid Training For Carers
Previously the “First Aid Appointed Person” course, the Emergency First Aid at Work course is appropriate for your organisations nominated emergency first aiders, or anyone requiring a comprehensive one day first aid course.
This course can be adapted to suit any particular care setting and is run over one day. Both theory and practical sessions are conducted in a relaxed atmosphere and methodically designed to boost a candidate's confidence. The Emergency First Aid at Work course replaced the First Aid Appointed Person course in October 2009.
The emergency first aid at work syllabus includes:
• Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations
• Managing an incident
• The priorities of first aid
• Treatment of an unconscious casualty
• Common workplace injuires
This challenging behaviour training course is presented by means of tutorials, practical exercises and group discussions.
Qualification & Assessment:
• Designed for: All employees
• Course duration: 6 hours (1 day)
• Assessment method: Continuous Assessment by the trainer
• Upon successful completion certfication is valid for three years*
• OFQUAL Accreditation available a small extra fee per person
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
*Upon successful completion of this one day course, first aiders receive certification to allow them to practice for three years after which a re-qualification course becomes necessary. It is strongly recommended that you update your skills by taking an annual refresher.
All our courses are compliant with heath and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.