Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
The COSHH Regulations (2002) are designed to protect people against risks to their health when dealing with or being exposed to hazardous substances. The COSHH training course is designed for candidates who handle chemicals as part of their daily work. The COSHH course is ideal for induction or refresher training to the new regulations. Attendees of this COSHH training course will gain under-pinning knowledge of the below issues and therefore will be able to implement this in their specific work area.
The COSHH training syllabus includes:
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of the COSHH regulations
• Have a general knowledge of the Risk Assessment process
• Explain what is meant by a hazardous substance
• Regulations that control the use of hazardous substances
• Substances hazardous to health
• Potential effects
• Risk assessment control measures
• CHIPS Regulations
• Procedures for using hazardous substances
• Common workplace injuries
Qualification & Assessment:
This course is presented by means of tutorials, practical exercises and group discussions. Instructors will continually asses delegates during the course.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with heath and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.